It’s Halloween. Before long all the little ninjas and unicorns will be out on parade, and how better to celebrate that with the return of our music playlists?
I’ve been thinking about resurrecting Music Monday for a while. It is one of my favourite things to write, and I hope you all like it too. I love finding new and old songs to share, and link them together with a common theme.
Music is the language that makes my heart soar. It gets me through the tough times, and lifts me in the good times. It helps me relax, and pumps me up. Each song has its place and its purpose, and I love finding ones that are new, or new to me to add to my ever expanding playlist.
Instead of sharing the YouTube videos, like I did in previous Music Mondays, I think I’m going to try something different and make Spotify playlists for you all to check out. This way I am not limited to sharing songs that have videos, which means I can share way more favourites and ones that may be more of a hidden gem. If you find that you prefer the Youtube videos, let me know, but it should be pretty easy to follow along this way too.
Halloween is one of my favourite times of year. I love the costumes, the imagination that goes into the decorations and the sense of fun. Over the years, especially since becoming a parent, I’ve admittedly become a bit of a chicken, so don’t do the haunted houses or mazes anymore. It *may* be in part because I’m worried about peeing my pants if I get too scared, but that is a whole other conversation. Ha. Let’s just say I like the idea of them.
Q is obsessed with zombies, but if I am honest, they scare the crap out of me. I’m way more of a witches, vampires and ghosts kind of girl, who is married to a horror movie afficianado. In fact, I am currently reading an amazing book about creatures and loving it. I love the thought of other creatures existing, and this time of year makes it that more believable.
Plus, dressing up is one of the funnest things ever. If I could dress up in costumes all the time, there is a good chance that I just might. I love being someone, or something else, the possibilities of not being limited to “acceptable” or “conventional” styles of dress makes me happy.
So in honour of Halloween, and all things creative and spooky, I wanted to share this year’s Halloween playlist. I have included some of the songs from our last Halloween playlist, as well as a bunch of new favourites.
This is Halloween 2018 edition:
For those of you who don’t have Spotify, here is the playlist:
– This is Halloween – Marilyn Manson (Nightmare Revisited)
– Thriller – Michael Jackson
– A Nightmare on my Street – DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
– Oogie Boogie’s Song – Tiger Army (Nightmare Revisited)
– Love Song for a Vampire- Annie Lennox (Bram Stoker’s Dracula)
– Problem (The Monster Remix) – Becky G, will.i.am
– I’m in Love with a Monster – Fifth Harmony
– Bad Things – Jace Everett
– Ramalama (bang bang) – Roisin Murphy
– Zombie – Bad Wolves
– People are Strange – Leo
– Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr.
– Calling All the Monsters – China Anne McClain
– Haunted – Evanescence
– I Put a Spell on You – Credence Clearwater Revival
– Venom – Eminem
– Black Magic Woman – Santana
– Somebody’s Watching Me – Rockwell
– White Rabbit – Jefferson Airplane
– Time Warp – Rocky Horror Picture Show
– Lost in the Shadows (The Lost Boys) – Lou Gramm
– Cry Little Sister (Theme from “Lost Boys”) – Gerard McMann
– Bring me to Life – Evanescence
I hope you enjoy the playlist, and if I missed any of your favourites, please let me know and I will add them in!