Welcome to the One Crazy Kid Holiday Gift Guide!
It’s that time of year, and if you are anything like me, your thoughts have turned to finding the “perfect” (what does that really mean, anyways?) gift for the important people in your life. I am really bad for putting pressure on myself to find the right gift for people and then inevitably end up debating on them for so long that I one day wake up, realize it’s a week till Christmas and I still don’t have my shopping done.
That being said, I love browsing gift guides and catalogues for ideas – I’ve found some really neat gifts this way. Of course, I had to get in on it and show you some of the things we love or are coveting this year in our holiday gift guides.
First up, I wanted to feature some ideas for the creative types in your life. Whether they are writers, artists, DIY’ers or planner lovers, these fun items would make great stocking stuffers or be perfect wrapped up in paper and ribbons.
- Perfect for anyone who is looking to get serious about achieving goals, in either their personal life or business, Leonie Dawson’s Shining Life and Biz workbooks will challenge you to set and be accountable to goals and dreams, in ways that help you better define and actually achieve them.
- With a mixture of different kinds of art supplies, including soft core pencil crayons, art stix, watercolour pencils and verithin pencil crayons, this PrismaColor Mixed Media Art kit is an awesome gift for any artist or creative in your life. Great for sketching, colouring and all kinds of creating, this kit has a bit of everything you might want.
- This beautiful notebook with its pendant key front tie string evokes an air of mystery. Its crisp, blank pages just call to be written and sketched on and it is small enough to carry easily wherever you go.
- Hand letting is all the craze right now, and if you are anything like me, you look at all those beautiful scrapbooks and DIY projects with swoopy, gorgeous letter and wish you could do that. With the Gelatos hand lettering kit, you will have the tools to learn how to do it yourself. What a perfect way to start a new hobby for 2017!
- Coloured pens make everything more fun, at least in my opinion, and these Papermate InkJoy pens are no exception. They are bright, don’t smudge and write so smoothly. They are my new favourites, hands down. Perfect for everything from writing in your planner to doing shopping notes and anything in between.
- Sometimes you need a bit of a reminder of how awesome you are, a bit of motivation, or something to think about. Inspirational speaker Danielle LaPorte has taken her daily bits of wisdom and turned them into a whole deck of Truthbomb cards so that you can easily grab one to look at, toss in your purse or agenda and consult during the day. With 134 cards in each deck, these truthbombs will go straight to your heart whenever you need them. This bundle also has a beautiful necklace with it, but you can buy the decks individually as well.
- Who says colouring is just for kids? Not this girl! Colouring is an incredible way to relax and chill out anytime, and it is something that doesn’t require you to have a whole lot of artistic talent, expensive equipment, or even time. Johanna Basford’s books are all filled with magic, but there is something about the jungle she has depicted that makes this a favourite. Magical Jungle is filled with leaves, birds, lizards and even a lemur or two, hidden amongst the pages. Let your imagination wild!
- A fresh new year deserves a fresh new planner, wouldn’t you agree? These Recollections planners are spiral bound, with laminated, removable covers, lots of space, an interior pouch and pocket, and come with a few pages of stickers too! There are also goal planners, recipe books, wedding and pregnancy planners in this new line at Michaels, and are a fantastic (and really cute) way to get organized or continue on with a planner addiction in 2017.
I hope you enjoyed this little list of favourite things to inspire the creative people in your life. Stay tuned for more holiday guides coming soon. Do you have a favourite go-to gift for your artsy friends?
All of these gift ideas have been editorially chosen by us and no compensation was received in exchange for coverage in this guide. One Crazy Kid is an Amazon affiliate, and some links are affiliate links. Clicking on them to do your shopping won’t cost you anything more, but if you choose to, we’d really appreciate the support.