Hi! Welcome to One Crazy Kid!
I’m Brandee, a 30-something wife (to M) and mum to Q, our 7 year old son. Being a mum is more of a challenge and more of a joy than I ever imagined, but also much more exhausting. Our life is filled with fart jokes, noise and perpetual motion and I wouldn’t have it any other way. In amongst all of this, I am trying to be completely, unapologetically, me.
I’m a pretty straight shooter who doesn’t always pull punches. I try to be real, and don’t believe in sugar-coating life to make it look more pretty. I may be a bit raw at times, but I think this is what makes, and keeps me relatable and is one of my strongest qualities.
One Crazy Kid is a lifestyle and parenting blog that deals with all aspects of life – being a mum, navigating the ever-changing road that is parenting, and not losing yourself along the way. We also have a regular music feature, cover entertainment, books and pretty much anything else that catches my fancy. You can expect humour, openness and honesty about the good, the bad, and everything in between.
Some random facts:
– I’m a former pole fitness girl. I say former only because a serious hand injury took me out of the game. Boo.
– We are a family of music fiends. Between the three of us, I think we like pretty much every genre I can think of (and a few even I didn’t know were a thing) Punk, rock, pop, classical, jazz, you name it. I am classically trained in piano and sing, and Q is a drummer.
Music runs through our veins.
-We are animal people. Our 3 cats kind of own us, as cats do. Q is the biggest animal lover you’ll meet. He idolizes the Wild Kratts and wants to be one someday.
– Reading is a huge passion for me, and is something that I feel is really important in life. Q is also an avid reader, and has declared on many occasions that you can never have too many books. I agree.
– I love good food, but I’m admittedly more of a baker. I am all about delicious, easy, quick, and, did I say delicious?
– We LOVE to travel – anything from an overnight escape to weekend getaways to full blown trips, we adore them all.
– I live with a chronic pain condition known as CRPS. This is something that has affected my life deeply and something I hope to bring awareness to. I’m always open to answering questions, so feel free to ask.
– I live in the Fraser Valley, just outside Vancouver, in beautiful British Columbia, Canada.
If there is something else that you would like to know, just ask. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for stopping by!