Recently, my friend Alexis challenged me to participate in an old school meme. Because she is awesome and asked nicely, and also because it is fun and we should do more of these, I figured it would be fun to do too. Sadly, life got in the way, and it took me a couple of weeks to actually be able to get my ideas together enough to complete the challenge. Better late than never, is my motto ( well, at least sometimes it is, anyways), so here goes:
5 Random Things you don’t know about me but will now:
– when I was a little kid, I was terrified of the A&W Rootbear and his theme song. Something about that melody played on the tuba freaked me right out and I couldn’t hear it without absolutely losing my crap and being scared out of heck right out of me. I have outgrow than one though, thank goodness!
– I am a bit of a reality show junkie. I love watching The Voice, Dancing with the Stars, the Amazing Race, Survivor, Hell’s Kitchen, Masterchef,
American Ninja warrior, and a bunch of shows on the Food Network. If I let myself I would probably get hooked on shows on the Discovery Channel too, but we are just not going to go there.
– I can’t take books out from the library anymore
for a couple reasons. Firstly, I am terrible at remembering to take them back. I won’t tell you the number of times I have had to pay fines of upwards of $25-30 before I could use my card again because I completely forgot to take a load of books back until 2 weeks after they were due. Also, I love books and sometimes re-read my books, and when I I get them from the library I often forget the authors by the time I want to read them again. Case in point, several years ago I read a bunch of books by a British chick-lit author that I loved, but can I remember who it was now? Nope. At least when I own the books I don’t forget. Usually.
– I have a problem when it comes to deleting pictures from my phone, shows off the PVR, emails from my inbox, that kind of thing. I guess I am a bit of a data hoarder, but you never know when you might need to refer back to that email, or show someone that picture, right? Tell me I’m not alone in this. Please?
– I used to really dislike curry until after I met my husband. He loved Indian food and forced me to try it. I had to try a few dishes before I found something I liked, but now we eat Indian food at least once a week and it has become one of my go-to’s. I adore the less common dishes too, like shahi paneer and malai kofta. No butter chicken anymore for this girl!
So there you go. A little look into some of the random things that run through my head at any given time, and the strangeness of it all. If you want to check out the other cool bloggers that Alexis nominated, here they are: Karen, Sharon, Tracey, and Gwen. Go visit them and say hi!
There are so many others I’d like to tag so if you want to play along join in and let me know and I will tag you too! Don’t forget to share the love.