I’ve been slacking on my Monday Listicles participation for the last couple of weeks. I hate the feeling when life gets in the way, and it doesn’t really feel like a good excuse, but right now it’s all I’ve got. Of course, wouldn’t you know it, the week that I am able to jump back into the party, the topic, chosen by Mrs. M from The Bonny Bard was “10 great things about me”. Ahahahahaha, um, I mean, ok, sure, let’s get right on that one.
I tried to ask my husband, but he said that I was on my own for this one. Not because he doesn’t think that there are great things about me, of course, but because I was the one writing it. I think that I am the kind of person who sees great things in other people, but has a really hard time seeing them in myself, but I will try my hardest to come up with as many as I can, up to a maximum of 10, of course, for you now.
Here are 10 awesome things about me:
– I don’t know the meaning of the word quit. So many times in my life, I have been faced with situations where the only thing I wanted to do was run far, far away, or give up whatever it was that I was doing. Since I am stubborn, and like to prove doubters wrong, I have always stuck with them, and have ended up with some of the prouder moments of my life. And a lot of injuries, but that is a story for another day. Further to this, I have a high pain tolerance. This has allowed me persevere through some tough situations and come out the other side.
– I am a pretty awesome baker – muffins, cakes, cookies, I love to make them all, and I’ve never had anyone throw anything back at me in disgust when they tried it. I have, however, nearly been mobbed when bringing baking to parties, especially for my lemon bars.
– I know the words to more songs than I can even keep track of in my head. This to me = win.
– I can totally rock the pin-up girl look. Curves and dark hair for the win!
– I am a very loyal friend. I would do anything for the people that I care about.
– I can be pretty funny sometimes. Never mind that it happens sometimes when I wasn’t trying to, but I can make people laugh, or snort, and may have almost caused someone to nearly pee her pants (another story for another day).
– I’m strong. There have been times in my life when I have wished that I was smaller, but I have finally started to accept myself for who and what I am, and being strong (with shoulders that may resemble those of a linebacker), is part of that. This is not to say that I am totally in love with myself yet, but baby steps, right? Plus, I can do things like this:
– I make kick-ass birthday cakes. This year, I made a Darth Maul cake for Q and it rocked his world. For someone who has the drawing ability of a 5 year old, I think I do pretty good when it comes to cake.
– I can play instruments and can sing. Yes, it’s been years since I really sat down and played, but I know that with a little bit of practice, it would come back to me really quickly. Plus, it means that I can kill at Rock Band.
– I am me. I am working on learning to love myself, flaws and all. I may be kind of strange, and a little quirky, but that is part of my charm.
What are your favourite things about yourself? Or what makes you awesome?